my kids

my kids

Monday, July 27, 2015

Hornet Days

As my oldest prepares to begin high school (sniff, sniff), he had to attend 2 days of orientation last week at Baker. Students were greeted & given info from the 9th grade principal, freshman counselor, & PTSA president.  The incoming freshmen were then grouped & attended academic sessions, taken on tours, & given (free) lunch in the cafeteria. Also, if they had previously paid, they got their BHS spirit shirts, along with informational folders & Baker pens. It was also a chance to see & catch up with friends. On the 2nd day, they attended more sessions along with lunch, paid fees, & got schedules. Timothy is now prepped & ready; he knows the layout of the school, his classes, & some of his teachers. Hornet Days has helped get him ready to begin HIGH SCHOOL!!!  
 
Day 1 of Hornet Days
 I wanted to get out & go in with him, but no other parents were, so I made myself stay in the car. This was so tough. I've always "gone in to things" with my kids - school, doctor, camp, parties...this was a first! Guess he's big enough to handle some things himself...(sniff, sniff)
Watching him through the window...(I know, I know). He looked back a couple times before I left. I don't know if his look meant "Get out & help me!" or "Leave crazy woman!"
He survived (& enjoyed!) day one!!
 
Day 2
(most of the kids wore their spirit shirts)
I had an easier time dropping him off :) 
Another successful day...you know I had a barrage of questions waiting...and I was anxious to see that schedule!!
Isn't his shirt cute?! He's officially a Hornet!!
(And it looks great with the basketball shorts Bubba gave him!)
 I must add that Timothy is taking all honors (academic) courses & on the advanced diploma. He's such a smart, responsible guy & we couldn't be prouder of him!! He'll have to be ready for a challenge this school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment