my kids

my kids

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Havin' Fun!

How lucky am I to have siblings that are my best friends?! We talk, FaceTime, & chat in our text group endlessly.  We absolutely LOVE to all be together, but living in 4 different cities, jobs, significant others, kids, crazy schedules, etc. keep us from getting together as much as we would like. Christmas, Thanksgiving, & the 4th of July are usually the only times we're ALL together...other times throughout the year we meet up & hang out, but there's always someone missing. We (in love) rub it in to whoever isn't around...when he or she asks what the rest of us are doing, we always yell (or text)..."HAVIN' FUN!!!!"...funny to those there, not so much to the person missing out!

On that same premise, our Bunch has been HAVIN' lots of FUN over the past few weeks! Check out a little bit of what we've been up to...

Kallie was in my belly when I attended BabyPalooza last summer. Last weekend, she was with me (outside the belly thank goodness!) when I tagged along with my pregnant friend/fellow coach's wife, Natasha.
Bowens Girls Selfie!
After BabyPalooza, Kallie & I picked up Daddy & Tanner & went to see 'Minions'! The movie was so funny & we had a blast hanging out with our babies!! Kallie looked from screen to crowd, chattered loudly (good thing it was opening weekend & a loud, packed theater), ate popcorn, then nursed & fell asleep. Tanner snacked, laughed, & talked just as loudly. Tim & I laughed at our kiddos just as much as the movie!
When the movie was over, we went to one of our fave spots for dinner..."Welcome to Moe's!"
While we were having our movie & dinner, the big boys (who had stayed with my parents for an extended visit) went to Dave & Buster's in Nashville with my mom, sis, & brother. They had a fun afternoon of games & food. They sent a few pics of their fun.  
A couple days later, the babies & I ventured over to one of our most visited spots - Publix - to pick up a few things. You would think I was with a couple of celebrities because we could barely walk two steps without getting stopped...constantly...throughout the store! Store clerks & customers kept stopping us to talk to/play with the kids & tell me how beautiful/handsome/adorable they are. Not to brag, but this happens most places we go; today, I think a record was broken! (insert my proud mommy smile)  In addition to the attention, these 2 scored balloons & free cookies. :)
Tim likes to have his players over from time to time so we can feed them & let them hang out. Football players have always been part of our boys' lives - they look at them like rockstars & always enjoy having them come to the house. We had them over the same afternoon as our grocery trip. Tim put some food on the grill & made his delicious shrimp boil (corn on cob, potatoes, shrimp, sausage), barbecue bread (one of my weaknesses), & a slushy punch. He set TVs up - the MLB allstar game was on one, the Wii on another, & xbox on the 3rd. The guys (& Tanner) had a great time eating, playing the games (there was a pretty serious football tourney going on...), & just hanging out!  
Photobomb!!
My parents brought the big boys back the next day. They were hanging out in one of their playrooms (aka MY bedroom)...happy to be home, together, & resting up from all the fun...
 
The next post will show more fun we had after the big boys got home...

No comments:

Post a Comment