my kids

my kids

Friday, July 31, 2015

Cardinal Camp

After watching his big brothers go off to their high school & middle school orientations, Tanner was finally able to go to his own -- Cardinal Kindergarten Camp at Hutchens Elementary! His camp was Thursday & Friday & he was thrilled about "getting over to kindergarten." As we were eating dinner on Wednesday night, he said, "...yep, tomorrow's a big day for me..." We all cracked up!!

I was a little sad, yet very proud to see my baby boy, decked out in his uniform (they encouraged them to go ahead & wear them) walking into his new school. He even told another little guy, who was running as we walked in, to "stop running!" Um, kindergarten student or teacher's assistant?! This little dude!!!
He was assigned to Mrs. Burkett for camp. This might also be his teacher for the year, but we'll find out for sure on Monday. That is Meet the Teacher/Move In Day. We'll take supplies, pay fees, join PTA, etc.  I'll be sure to take pics of his classroom & teacher then!
Tim & I (along w/ Kallie) walked Tanner inside that morning, but we had to pick him up through carpool so that the kids could get a feel for what it will be like.
Here comes my baby boy!
He was excited about the day & filled us in on everything they did. The only downer - he was a little sad when he first got in the truck because he couldn't find his sticker.
#kindergartenprobs
I told him he could change clothes when we got home, but he said, "No, I'll just keep these on!" I think he feels "big" (like his brothers) with his uniform clothes on...plus they wear navy shorts & white or red polos, which are Jaguar colors...right up his alley!!

Day 2
Another great day of camp...full of fun school adventures...coloring, stories, songs, computer lab, gym, & snack in the lunchroom...this dude had a fabulous time & can't wait to go back Monday to officially meet his teacher & take his school supplies!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! You have a child at every stage -- high school, middle school, elementary & day care age!! How in the world are you sane???

    ReplyDelete