my kids

my kids

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Camp Causey

Last week, Timothy attended Hornet Days at Baker High School to help prepare him for his transition to high school. This week, it was the other boys' turns for orientations. Taylor had Camp Causey at Causey Middle School on Wednesday & Thursday to get him geared up & ready for middle school. In addition to pizza & cokes for lunch & seeing his buddies, he met some of his teachers, had tours, learned how the schedule works, & participated in some cool activities. Tim & I got his fees paid, picked up his schedule, joined PTA, & bought his P.E. stuff. Taylor had A BLAST both days. He came home telling us how AWESOME everything was!

Day 1
Heading inside...without parents...we had to go in separately (sniff)
I had taken care of all of Taylor's preregistration stuff in May & June, so we were able to avoid the long registration line & head right to the gym to take care of everything else! Sweet!! 
I'm a mom, so I have to do a bit of bragging...because of his super high test scores on state tests this past spring, Taylor was placed in advanced courses. I didn't even know until I saw his schedule. SO proud of my smart son!! I failed to mention that Timothy is also taking honors courses & on an advanced diploma (I might have to go back & add that to his post...). We're super proud!! They will both have to work hard this year!
 
Here they come!
I could hear Taylor yell "There's my momma!" as he walked through the doors waving at me. And he was all to happy to pose for my incessant pics. So different from his big brother! :) 
They got cool CMS bags, folders, & pencils
Successful day. Happy dude.
 
Day 2
He was dropped off & picked up in carpool 
Official report -- awesome day & his homeroom/math teacher is so laidback & really funny! I actually got to meet her & say a quick hello as we were leaving. :)
Taylor's not ready for school to start, but he is excited about being a 6th grader & the new things to come in middle school!

No comments:

Post a Comment