my kids

my kids

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Cookies, Stockings, & Reindeer Food

Since we head north to be with our families for Christmas Eve & Christmas, we celebrate early at our own home (we write a note to Santa each year so that he will come to our house early). I love that we have certain family traditions & we go through our little rituals each holiday season. Our "Christmas Eve" was Monday & we had a festive time...baking & decorating cookies, looking for surprises in our stockings, spreading reindeer food on the front lawn, & preparing for Santa's visit. The boys have so much fun on this day & get anxious for our "Christmas" the following morning. Tanner has been a little extra excited this season & all about Tommy (our elf) & everything related to celebrating. Kallie was 2 months old this time last year; this year she's been right in the mix of everything we've been doing. So fun seeing the excitement of the holiday through my children' eyes...

First, I have to show pics from my shopping trip with Tanner. His big brothers had been wrapping presents for each other & getting them under the tree, which made him want to wrap up something special for his siblings! So we ran to Dollar General & he picked something perfect for his big brothers & his baby sis...he cracked me up in the process...& pulled at my heartstrings at the same time. My children are such sweethearts. There's no way I could love them anymore.
The past 20 days have been full of Tommy & his notes & surprises. Our "Christmas Eve" was sadly his last night at our house until next year...
Now, some pictures from our Christmas Eve at home!
We had to throw the reindeer food from the front porch because it was raining so hard!
Tanner helped leave Santa's surprise...we're ready for an early visit...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment