my kids

my kids

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

IS IT TIME?!?

It's beginning to look a lot like football . . .
Although we're still melting away in the heat, we can smell fall right around the corner. At the Bowens house, that means back to FULL TIME FOOTBALL & back to school. One of the signs that it's almost here is taking our new pic for the  UAB Media Guide!
Fall brings a crazy, busy time at our house.

The coaches go back to a full time grind, so we sadly say goodbye to the extra time we've had with Tim. They start working 7 days a week, roughly 15 hours a day. The exciting part is when games begin . . . there's nothing like that feeling!

I also go back to work. Sadly, no more sleeping in, afternoon naps, or leisure time for me! I gear up for another group of 2nd graders at school (which I'm always pumped about) & my months of "single motherhood" at home (which I'm not pumped about) - cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, homework, bathtime, bedtime. . . whew, I'm getting tired just thinking about it! After 10 years, I'm pretty used to it, & God seems to give me an extra dose of strength & patience to make it through til February!!

Tanner is gearing up for another year of daycare at Little Angels - I'm sure he'll be excited to see his classroom, toys, & friends, but will be sad not to be with Mommy all day (or is that just the way I will feel???)

Taylor is gearing up for 2nd grade - he'll be on Mommy's hall, so I'll get to see him all the time, & keep a check on my wild child! :)

Timothy is gearing up for 5TH GRADE - he's SO nervous & I'm already crying!!!!  This is my oldest baby's last year of elementary school & he will be away from me - at middle school - next year. I'm trying not to think about it too much . . .

Before it all begins, we're going to continue to relax & enjoy the last couple weeks of our summer break . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment