my kids

my kids

Thursday, July 7, 2011

a GRAND visit

My grandparents, Papa & Mama Doris, came to visit today!! They were entertained by their great-grandsons for awhile (guitar, recorder, & piano book solos,dancing, singing) then we went downtown to Jim 'N Nicks for lunch. We ate way too much!
 Here are some images from our fabulous day . . .
Papa, Mama Doris, & Timothy...
...Kesha, Taylor, & Tim...
...and Tanner, wondering when the food will arrive!
EVERYTHING-BUT-THE-KITCHEN-SINK NACHOS!!!
our meals
it's a shame what Mama D did to that steak & baked potato . . .
"Um, you've got a little something right there. . . in the corner. . ."
"Okay, so your's is just all over!"
Taylor & Papa played with wrestling men after lunch...
well, Taylor talked & made up storylines
while Papa tried to stay awake...

Okay, I just had to come back and add a funny little tidbit.....
Taylor talked poor Papa to death during their visit. All about wrestling, power rangers, teams, battles, scores, and on and on and on! I really felt sorry for him because I hear it all on a daily basis. At least Papa got to escape it when he left to go home! Or so I thought . . . A little earlier this evening, I walked out of the laundry room & saw Taylor sitting & talking away on my cell phone. IT WAS PAPA!!!! I yelled "Sorry!" to Papa & told Taylor to let Papa go. He confidently assured me that "Papa wanted an update on things." Seriously?!? You just can't make this stuff up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment