my kids

my kids

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Feastin' & Celebratin'

On Friday, 2nd grade pilgrims & Native Americans took part in a Thanksgiving Feast! We constructed costumes, weaved placemats, & learned some sign language throughout the week in preparation for this event.  We braved the cool, breezy weather to enjoy a feast of cranberries, popcorn, & cornbread. You'll have to check out my school blog to see pics of my class, but here's a pic of a little Native American that belongs to me . . .

I must add that since my b'day is next Tuesday, when the kids are out of school, my students & room mom surprised me on Friday! Every child walked in the room with a birthday card they had made for me.  They were the sweetest things!! Right before lunch my room mom arrived with a bouquet of my favorite flowers, plus a beautiful wicker basket (I LOVE baskets; if you've been to my house, you know they're all over the place!!) full off goodies - a pretty cream scarf, some Bama tumblers, sour straws, cupcake from Dreamcakes, & a $50 gift card to The Cheesecake Factory!!! My class is THE BEST!!!!

One more thing . . . since I have to work Monday & Tuesday, & the boys are out of school all week, Tim & I met my parents Friday evening to send the boys on up with them.  With a week full of festivities at school & a Thursday night football game, we were all pretty tired.  This is a pic of the boys when we arrived at the meeting spot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment