my kids

my kids

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Tanner Turns Six!

My sweet baby boy was SIX last Friday!! I cannot believe how fast time has flown. He's been my little baby for the past six years & all of a sudden...BAM...he's turning into a BIG KID. (If only you could hear the crack in my voice & see the tears in my eyes)
 
Tanner has been BEYOND excited about his birthday & we had the opportunity to do LOTS of celebrating. We have a little birthday tracker on our computer that counts down the days to everyone's bday in our house. When you turn on the computer on the day of your birthday, a cute little cake with candles & your name pops up. This was one of the 1st things Tanner wanted to see on his bday morning.
My mom, sister, Kallie, & I went to have birthday lunch with Tanner & discovered that he had LOST A TOOTH at school, which just added to the excitement of the day! How many kids lose a tooth on their birthday?! Excitement!!
His name was first on the birthday board in the front lobby & cafeteria!
We went back to the school at snacktime that afternoon. We took cupcakes & dum dums for Tanner to hand out & share with his teacher & classmates. We all sang "Happy Birthday" & then Tanner got to open a special present I brought for him. It was the cutest personalized birthday book & I read it to the class after he opened it!
When everyone got home that afternoon, we let Tanner open family birthday presents! He got a card, new tennis shoes & a personalized Jag jersey (which he immediately put on) from his parents & siblings, plus a couple other goodies from his big brothers.
card, money & gift card from MaMa, Papa G, & Hambone
card & money from Hambone (Papa) & Mama Doris
card & lots of Minions things from Coco & Gavin
I forgot to snap a pic, but the next day a card & gift card came in the mail from NeNe!

After a full day of fun, it was BIRTHDAY PARTY TIME!!! His party was that evening at the Jag football fieldhouse. It was pretty awesome & there will be a post coming very soon with all the fab pics & details!

No comments:

Post a Comment