my kids

my kids

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Road Trip!!!

I had a fabulous weekend...it included a road trip, football game, meeting up with old friends, & a hotel slumber party. The best part was I got to celebrate my 37th birthday & 15th wedding anniversary!!!

I got everything packed up & everyone checked out of school & we hit the road around noon on Friday...my bunch loves a ROAD TRIP!!
We spent the night in Birmingham on Friday night. We met up with some old friends at one of our fave spots -- Habanero's! Because we were regulars, Angela, the manager (pictured here w/ Tanner & Kallie) & several other staff know us well. We're always excited to see each other when we pop in town.
Tanner & his buddy, Jaydon
(I taught at Edgewood w/ his Mommy)
Their little convo cracked us up!
Such a blast w/ my sis & B'ham teacher friends!!
The staff surprised (scared/shocked) me w/ the huge sombrero & a bday song! Sad I don't have a pic!!
 
On Saturday morning, we packed everything back up, met up w/ my mom & other sis, & headed east to Atlanta for the South Alabama football game versus Georgia State.
The Georgia Dome
Fun seeing Daddy during warm-ups
My beautiful mom, sisters, & daughter
these boys love being together...
the O Dubs!!
(offensive coaches wives minus one)
my oldest baby...getting so old...(sniff, sniff) & so handsome
this beauty...
the boys w/ their fave Jag, Terrance, after the game
& w/ Daddy
After the game (which ended up being a disappointing loss), we drove to Carrollton (where Nish lives & works now) for a fun dinner at "The Cookout"...the owner gave me a bday shout-out & brought me dessert!
Then we checked into our swanky hotel room, which was courtesy of my awesome parents!! Bomb Dot Com!!!
I woke up Sunday morning & it was my 37th birthday & 15th wedding anniversary!!!!
My family treated me to a delicious b'day brunch at Cracker Barrel before we headed back to B'ham, then Mobile
The waitresses sang to me & brought me a little dessert! I enjoyed many desserts & songs over the weekend... :)
Me & the kids arrived back in Mobile on Sunday night. I was treated to a special song written, arranged, & performed by my talented middle son. I loved it!! 
When my hubby got home from work, I gave him the little anniversary gift I made for him...
(the boy & girl-Tim & Kesha-are made from maps of our hometowns)
...& he gave me cards & a fabulous camera, lenses, bag, & software for my bday/anniversary. I've been wanting a nice camera for awhile (I am the picture queen, you know). I can't wait to break it in!!
What a big birthday, big anniversary, big game, & fun road trip...incredible weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment