my kids

my kids

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Rainy Homecoming

Wet, soggy day...rough, sloppy slugfest...pretty much sums up our homecoming game versus Idaho Saturday afternoon.

The best part of this narrative is after being down 24-0 midway through the 2nd quarter, the Jags staged a major comeback, which was sparked by a 100 yard kickoff return for a score by RUNNINGBACK Xavier Johnson (he must have a great coach). We proceeded to tack on 52 points & get THE DUB!!! We beat the Vandals 52-45 in an absolute thriller!

I must mention that the Jags were mentioned on College GameDay. Chris "The Bear" Fallica included us in his Bank & put his money on Idaho. I just love being an underdog & proving the critics wrong!
My grandparents were in town several days for a visit. I hate they had to sit through such a soggy game, but my grandpa said the ending made it all worth it!
Tanner went to the stadium early with his best friend from preschool, William, & his family. This gave them some extra time to tailgate & play. Of course, they ended up sitting with his other best friend "Mrs. Berlise" during the game!
Boys, boys, boys
Kallie was such a trooper during the wet game. She was not too thrilled to be trapped by the poncho, but she jumped, cheered (& nursed!) like normal. She's a true football fan like the rest of our bunch! 
2 great players -- RB Xavier Johnson & QB Cody Clements
This is one of my favorite shots & one of the moments Tanner lives for each week...standing on the field next to his daddy after a great win...priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment