my kids

my kids

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Decatur Vacay

I love going on vacation - the beach is one of my fave spots, football trips are nice getaways, girls' weekends are the best.  But, our time in Decatur over the past week & a half has been so nice! It's been very much a vacation; for many reasons . . .

Feasting
I told you in an earlier post that food & I are great friends these days. A lot of good eating happened here in the good ole Dec.  The 4th of July was epic, but the feasting didn't end there!
We had many great breakfasts together!!
We also had some great dinners. This one was courtesy of the guys. My dad picked up some delicious BBQ brisket & chicken with white sauce & made his signature lemonade.  My hubby fried green tomatoes, made buttery cheesy bread, boiled some corn on the cob, & sliced up some cucumbers in vinegar.  Ahhhh!!!!
I have been craving pickles, but not only regular pickles, FRIED PICKLES!!  My hubby fried some up for me on a couple different days.  DELICIOUS!!!
Day Dating
My hubby & I had the chance to sneak away for a fun day date! So grateful that we didn't have to arrange a sitter or take the boys along because there were always family members at the house (thanks G! hee hee!!).
We started with appetizers & dessert . . .
 . . . before taking in a funny movie & doing a little shopping!
Relaxing
After a busy week, my grandmother treated me to a pedicure, so my mom & I headed over to her usual spot for manis/pedis. This is something I NEVER get to do, so it was extra special & beyond relaxing to have someone else pamper me & take care of my nails & toes!
Pink of course!!!
Sadly, we only have one more night in Decatur (Where It's Greater) & then it's back to reality . . .
One more fun event awaits -- stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment