my kids

my kids

Friday, May 16, 2014

IT'S A . . .

So, I had an appointment with my OB/GYN last Thursday.
It was a normal checkup - weight, heartbeat, belly check.  I was 15 weeks along & knew I wouldn't have an ultrasound to find out the baby's gender until my appointment in June at 19 weeks. 
But, I REALLY wanted to know because I wanted to be able to share the news with my school family before the end of school (which is next Thursday), plus I was just REALLY ready to know!
 
Well, I knew it was a long shot, but I had 2 sob stories ready for my doc to try to cajole him into letting me find out early. 
He informed me that I can call the office anytime to schedule a Gender ID appointment, which costs $65, since it's not a regular appt covered by insurance. 
This was no problem to me, I was just kind of bummed I wouldn't find out that day. 
We said our goodbyes & as we were walking down the hall, my doc told us to wait a minute. 
He went down the hall & got our ultrasound tech & I heard him telling her that they were going to give the Bowens "a moving to Mobile present..." 
When he rounded the corner, he told me I was having an ultrasound, to which I squeaked, "Right now?!!" 
I was so excited, but EXTREMELY nervous as Tim & I followed them to the ultrasound room.  OMG!!! It's hard to put that feeling into words.
 
Well, we had the ultrasound & the tech uttered something I've NEVER heard in that office before..."I think it's a . . . girl."
I exhaled the breath I didn't even realize I had been holding.
I couldn't even let myself get excited before I asked her "if she was sure" (along w/ several other questions) about 55 times.
She said she would be more sure at the June appt, but she was 85-90% sure about it.
Finally, as my doctor turned to Tim, shook his hand, & said "Well, it's over now, good luck!", I cried & reveled in this happy news!!!
 
We decided to share the news with our 3 anxious boys that night at dinner. They went wild & are still just over the moon at the news that they have a little sister on the way!!
We decided to share the news with our family on Saturday at a little gender reveal party at my mom's house. It was pretty fun . . .
Everyone closed their eyes & held hands out.
I handed out candy & everyone ate it at the same time.
If the candy had NUTS - BOY...if it had NO NUTS - GIRL!!!
As they put it in their mouths, huge screams of excitement exploded in the room. A priceless moment!
My mom also opened a little package .  . .
which held a pretty little pink dress, bonnet, & diaper cover.
This caused a crying breakdown from her & my aunt!
Proud Big Brothers
My cousin took 2 great videos during the event.
I don't know if the sound will work, but I guess you can at least look at the action... :(
 
 
At school the following Monday,
I set up displays in the teacher workroom & right outside my classroom door to share the happy news w/ colleagues & students. You cannot imagine the excitement & happiness throughout the building! 
A sweet teacher friend brought a cake for us to have during lunch on reveal day!
 
Here's a little note about her name:
After Timothy, I always figured all of our children would have the same initials - TLB. We have planned for a baby girl a LONG time & my fave name was Taryn Lacy.
 
Several weeks ago, my aunt was doing some research on Ancestry.com. She found my grandfather's grandmother's name- Kallie Larkin (not sure how it was spelled). I immediately loved "Larkin" & thought about using it in a name for a girl or boy. The more I thought about it, the more I fell in love with the whole name. It's a beautiful name & I knew it would make my Papa so happy & proud.
 
The next step was to convince my hubby; I had done a pretty good job of pounding the TLB in his head! He came around & we decided on Kallie Larkin.  The boys will be Ts & us girls will be Ks. 
Our little girl will go by both names
(I love double names on girls!).
 
Did you notice that last line?!
OUR LITTLE GIRL.
Wow.
And it only took 13 years & 4 tries.


1 comment:

  1. Bahaha! Nuts or no nuts! That's awesome! I'm glad KLB doesn't have nuts. ;)

    ReplyDelete