my kids

my kids

Monday, August 24, 2015

Last Scrimmage & Dinner w/ Players

Our last scrimmage before the season officially kicks off was this past Saturday morning. I spent most of the game trying to keep me & my kiddos cool...it was a scorcher! Each coach's wife had made cookie bags for players, trainers, coaches, & GAs, so the kids helped us hand out cookies & Gatorade as the players came off the field. They were all very appreciative of this sweet little treat. And, despite the intense heat, the kids had fun & this final scrimmage got us pumped up for the start of the season! 
If left unattended, nothing edible is safe in my house,
hence the note... 
our little cookie table
some of the kids handing out the drinks
Tanner came off the field with his daddy.
He was out doing some post-scrimmage "exercise"
w/ the runningbacks!
A couple people thought Timothy was Tim when they saw him in passing. Isn't it amazing how close in size & looks they are?!
Firstborn & lastborn :)
The boys loved this job...they were covered in ice/water
& stayed very cool!
We left the scrimmage (all hot & sweaty) & had lunch & ran several errands with another football family. After finally getting home, Coach Bowens informed me that his players were coming over to eat dinner & hang out. WHAT?! So, I showered & changed & we started making dinner as soon as he got home with stuff from the store. As usual, my boys had fun playing video games & hanging with Tim's players. We had a delicious meal - I made 2 big pans of my famous pizza spaghetti & Tim made BBQ chicken taco salads, BBQ bread, Gatorade (store bought), & Nerd slushies.
Exhausting, but fun day! Want to know who was first to bed?! ME!!! When I fell asleep, all the guys were in the den & kitchen still going strong...!

No comments:

Post a Comment