my kids

my kids

Friday, August 14, 2015

High School, Middle School, & Kindergarten

On Monday, the Bowens Boys headed back to school. Timothy started high school, Taylor started middle school, & Tanner started kindergarten...whew! What a milestone year!! Tim & I couldn't have planned it this way if we had tried! :)

The weekend before school started, we made 1st Day gifts for Taylor's homeroom teacher & Tanner' teacher. This is right up my alley because I love being crafty & doing things for the boys' teachers!
Monday morning
Timothy Bowens, the high school freshman
Aren't teens always on a device?!
Taylor Bowens, the middle school 6th grader
Hard to tell in this pic, but this is me & the big boys walking around the corner to the bus stop. People were on my case - my hubby made fun of me, my sis fussed at me, & my neighbor laughed at me, for walking w/ the boys. But, I didn't care one bit!! These are my babies & I will walk with them everyday if I want...
...so I only went that 1st day. The next day I went right around the corner & watched from a little farther back. After that I tried to hang back. Give me a break...it's hard to let go!!
 
Our morning schedule is a little cray. The big boys leave about 30 minutes before Tanner even wakes up! Their schools both start almost an hour earlier than Tanner's does, so I have a little time (usually spent feeding Kallie) before getting my youngest son up, fed, dressed, & off to school.
 
Tanner Bowens, the elementary kindergarten kid
So happy to still have a kid I can walk all the way in to school...
He was overflowing with excitement!
He's also happy to be wearing his uniform to school,
just like his big brothers do. :)
Tanner w/ his sweet teacher, Mrs. Burkett
I hugged him, kissed him, took pics, waved, & told him bye at least 10 times. Again, so hard for a momma to let go!
 
While the boys were away, Kallie & Mommy had the day to play!! We'll have lots of girl time over the next several months while the boys are in school!
Well, in the afternoon, I headed back to the carpool line. Oh what joy! Honestly, it's much easier this year with only one school pickup as opposed to 3 last year.
After everyone was home, we went to Sonic & I treated my crew to First Day of School slushies! (forgot to get pics) Then, after grabbing a couple missing school supplies & enjoying a little down time, we had dinner, bathtime, bedtimes, & Mommy was left to fill out everyone's paperwork...fun times!
Had to throw in a pic of Tanner's daily binder - totally adorbs!! Cutesy things make my heart happy!! Lol!
Our bunch had a successful first day!
Here are a few tidbits from the rest of the week...
 
I signed up to be a Kindergarten Lunch Helper at Tanner's school, so I went up each day with a few other moms to help at lunchtime.  We helped get food on trays, helped them carry them, helped them get lunch numbers punched in, & opened cartons, juice, snack bags etc.  I never got to do things like this as a working mom, so I really enjoyed being able to go up & help. Plus I got to see my baby boy during the day - best part!! I also wanted to take advantage of being able to help out at school without a baby attached to me; thankful that my mom spent the week with us & she kept Kallie during my trips to the school!
Each year, Hutchens has a school photographer come & take 1st day pics of the kindergarteners - to commemorate their very 1st day of school! We got them back very quickly (by the 3rd day). Here's Tanner's picture proof - so, so totally cute!!!
Did I mention how much I love Mrs. Burkett? She's so sweet & I like the way we already text & email to touch base. She sent me this pic via text Thursday afternoon. Tanner & 2 classmates sorting buttons during math... :)
Friday morning!! My boys survived the first week!!!
Tanner, who's had to take a lunchbox all through preschool, was understandably fascinated about the lunchroom & trays of food! Ha!! He got "tray lunch" everyday except Friday, when I was happy to make his lunch & leave him a little note. He told me Mrs. Burkett read the note to him. :)
Well, I'm so happy my guys have had a great
first week & great start to the school year.
5 days down, 175 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment