my kids

my kids

Friday, May 29, 2015

8th Grade Celebration

Another day. Another emotional school ceremony.

I watched my baby boy finish preschool. I watched my middle son finish elementary school. This morning I watched my oldest child have an honors program & celebrate his completion of middle school.

Tim, Tanner, Kallie, & I headed over to Causey Middle School bright & early for the 8th Grade Celebration Day. The honors & recognition part of the day was first. Teachers awarded students who had the highest overall average out of all the students taught. We were so proud as our Timothy was recognized for being tops in social studies, science, & math. He also won an iTunes card during the prize part toward the end. Tanner said "Timothy KEEPS going up there!" Ha!!
Ready to watch another program...
Can you spot Timothy in this huge crowd?!
The principal mentioned that this is the largest group of 8th graders that they've ever sent to the high school.
There are 556 of them!! Whew!
Highest math average!
Highest science average!
Highest social studies average!
(sorry!! couldn't get these to turn! ugh!!)
winning his iTunes card :)
These honors programs can wear a kid out..
After the honors program, 8th graders got to have a field day -- food on the grill, drinks, dunking booth, inflatables -- lots of fun in the sun. As we were leaving (to head to another child's school), we saw them getting things set up. Also, they wore their special yellow "senior" type shirts. What a fun way to end the school year!!

Middle school is tough; moving to a new one in 8th grade & successfully tackling the challenging curriculum is no easy feat. I can't put into words how proud we are of our Timbo for making it look easy.  He settled in, made some friends, & was constantly recognized for his exemplary character & academic achievements. What an awesome example for his younger siblings. So hard to believe that my oldest baby (wasn't he just born yesterday?!) is headed to high school...

No comments:

Post a Comment