my kids

my kids

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

5th Grade Finale

I had one child graduate from preschool a couple weeks ago. Last Friday, I had another child celebrate finishing 5th grade & elementary school with a special school ceremony. At the end of this week, my oldest child will have an honors day that commemorates his completion of 8th grade & middle school. I am currently still nursing my 7 month old. It's a wonder I haven't succumbed to the ball of emotions knotted inside & fallen completely apart!

Tim, Tanner, Kallie, & I headed over to Dawes early last Friday morning for the 5th Grade Finale. As soon as the 5th graders started marching in...with that graduation music playing...wearing their special "senior" shirts, I wanted to bawl! So hard to believe that my fun-loving, outgoing, short, round ready to start school & be like his big brother Taylor walked through those doors as a taller, slimmer, (still fun & outgoing) preteen finishing elementary school & preparing for MIDDLE SCHOOL. We enjoyed a program complete with honors, a slide show, & words from the principal. I thought it was really neat that every student was given a medal. Then, as they were called for various honors & awards or recognized for being part of certain clubs, they were given pins that they attached to the ribbon part of the medals...instead of a bunch of certificates...great idea!!
getting his medal
student council class rep
"A" honor roll all year
At the end of the program, with more music playing, watching my baby walk out, I definitely almost lost it. I could hardly contain the emotion bubbling up. Guess I have all summer to grasp that my boys are growing up & moving on...
Did you see Tim?
I went over & hugged Taylor quickly & then Tim went over to give him a high five. I was fighting tears at this point!
Wish we had gotten pics with Taylor after the program, but unfortunately we had to leave. Tanner had his last day of school & party, so we couldn't stay for cake & punch at the reception (that's what happens when you have multiple kids & lots on the schedule). Sad we couldn't stay longer, but we're so super proud of our Taylor. Off to middle school he goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment