my kids

my kids

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Grandparents Day

Last Friday was Grandparents Day at Taylor's school.
My mom & brother had come into town Thursday afternoon to spend the weekend, & my mom & I headed over to Dawes to enjoy Friday morning with Taylor.
We watched the cutest program, visited Taylor's classroom & teachers, & read some sweet grandparent & family writings created by my talented son.
After lunch together, I checked him out early, so he enjoyed some extra time at home (without his brothers!).  
 
Saturday was football day of course!
While we watched our slate of football - GameDay at 8:00, Bama at 11:00, South Ala at 1:00, plus other intriguing games throughout the day - my AWESOME, FABULOUS, TERRIFIC, ONE OF A KIND mother cooked & ironed! And I thought last weekend was fabulous! Ha!!
 
She made this huge, delicious breakfast.
I ate way too much.
 
I forgot to take pics of the other meals because I fixed my plate & ate so fast! Let's just say it involved good ole homemade fried chicken legs & wings!!
I was also able to take a nice afternoon nap & when I woke up the boys' clothes for the week were all ironed & hanging up.
 
Did I mention how much I love & appreciate my
boys' grandmother?!
This was supposed to be a weekend for HER, but I think WE were the ones who lucked out!

1 comment:

  1. AWWW!! That's super-sweet!! What an awesome mother you have ;-)

    ReplyDelete