my kids

my kids

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school!!
We were all so excited . . .
. . .well, almost all of us. . .
But he finally got with the program,
complete with his new Elmo backpack!!
The boys had presents for their new terrific teachers. . .
. . .and were excited to give it to them first thing! 

Quotes of the Morning:
Taylor - "Man, I can't stop smiling!"
Timothy - "This is my last first day in elementary school..."

I was pumped to see my new precious second graders!
I have 17 students this year.
9 girls
8 boys
One of my boys wore a Blazer shirt today.
He told me it was on purpose! :)
Doing my favorite thing -
reading a good book!
Already hard workers!
I'm looking forward to a fabulous year!!!

The boys got a nice treat to end the day - snow cones!
Their Grandma Linda gave them a snow cone maker for Christmas
& they have been dying recently to break it in.
Well,we finally bought some of that syrup
you use on the shaved ice,
& lucky for them, their TeTe cranked it out and served it up.
Very delish & very much enjoyed!!
Speaking of my youngest sis Kosh (known as TeTe to my boys), I cannot say enough about how she has helped me the past few weeks!
She kept the boys while I went to school meetings & worked to get my classroom ready. She also helped with many of my home & school projects. :)
This week, she kept the boys when I returned to work on Monday, brought them to "Meet the Teacher" (since my own students were meeting me), helped me with several outfit & accessory choices, took Tanner to school this morning, then came to my school & helped me ALL day.
I love, love, love, & so appreciate her for all she's done to help me out in so many ways. I'm so blessed to have such an awesome & giving sis.

Thanks Doll! Love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment