my kids

my kids

Friday, November 21, 2014

Newborn World

The past 4 weeks have been spent in newborn world . . . nursing, napping, snacking . . . oh, & snapping cute pics!
It's been quite a whirlwind at the Bowens house --
The boys are LOVING having their little sister in the house. She gets no shortage of attention between the hugs, kisses, talks, & arms holding her. 
With it being deep into football season, Daddy is having a tougher time. They're working some long hours at the office, plus he's a light sleeper & she makes lots of noises at night.  Tough combo when you need rest! Nevertheless, he's found plenty of time to have some interesting talks with his daughter...about not cutting her hair & what type of guy she should bring home & how a guy must talk to him before he proposes...I have assured him that he has PLENTY of time for all of that! Ha!!
I have tried to get used to having a baby in the house again (it's been 4 years!) -- learning to exist off little sleep, realizing that my schedule will definitely change (hunger & diaper blowouts will absolutely happen when you're trying to get out the door), & navigating breastfeeding & pumping for this child that LOVES to eat!! Thankfully my mom has been here with us, taking care of school drop-offs & pickups & household chores, which has helped me concentrate on Kallie & my health & getting a little rest!
Wearing Mommy's dress!
Rub a dub dub,
this girl loves the tub!
"I'm so fancy . . ."
THIS FACE!!!
We are enjoying life at home with our girl!!!
(okay, now i'm off to take a nap . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment