my kids

my kids

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Finding the Off Button

Just thought I would share a few recent funnies sure to make you smile...

*The other night Taylor was laying on my bed playing on my sister's iPad. I was ironing (no comments please!), my sis was lounging & doing stuff on her phone, & Taylor was talking NON-STOP!! We had no idea what he was even talking about; it was just ENDLESS! I asked him if he EVER stops talking. He replied, "Maaaaaybe, if you can find my off button." Huh?!? Seriously??? I assured him that I can DEFINITELY find his off button... ;)

*The boys have baseball practice once a week. It started out on Saturday mornings, then moved to weeknights. Their daddy takes them & helps with practice each week, but I took them to one practice earlier in the season when he couldn't. I had lots going on that day (ask my youngest sis - she knows)& was maybe 5 minutes late picking them up. Taylor was just fine & happily playing on the playground while waiting. My other son, who DETESTS anything related to tardiness (must get it from his great grandma), was sitting unhappily on the steps. As soon as he got in the truck he informed me that I was EIGHT MINUTES LATE. Fast forward to this past week. Tim was on the road recruiting all week, so I was in charge of taking the boys to practice. As we got closer to the field, Timothy asked if I had any errands to run while they were at practice. I (having totally forgotten my last offense) mentioned that I needed to run to Publix & grab a few things. He asked if I could PLEASE be back on time because I'm USUALLY late. What?!? USUALLY??? I politely let him know that I'm not USUALLY late because I don't USUALLY take them to practice. And, I was only late ONCE, which is very different from USUALLY! The nerve!! I ran my errand & was back in plenty of time, like USUAL. ;)

*One of my sisters, (I won't disclose her name) who is around THIRTY, called me the other morning to get the specifics of boiling some eggs. She said she was making herself some breakfast & needed guidance, as she had never boiled an egg before. Did I mention that she's 30??? Enough said.

*Bowens car concerts are classic.  We all have powerful singing voices and really belt out songs with extreme zeal & passion.  The funny thing is that now Tanner joins in with equal intensity . . . except he's on a 3 second delay, since he repeats everything he hears!  It is hilarious to hear him belting out the words, right after everyone else! Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment