my kids

my kids

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Teacher Appreciation

Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week at Hutchens & Tanner was very excited to show his teacher how much he loves & appreciates her!

During the week, each child had an assigned day to bring something special for Mrs. Burkett. That way, instead of getting something to school every day, each child would have a specific day, & their teacher would get something from 3 or 4 students daily. The room parents also asked parents to volunteer to come cover lunch so that Mrs. Burkett would get an extra break each day.

Tanner's "gift day" was Wednesday & we decided that our present would be to take Mrs. Burkett lunch. I decided that I would bring lunch & stay & cover lunch & recess to give her a break. So, I picked up the lunch, drink, & dessert she chose (from Chicken Salad Chick! Yum!!), added a handwritten note from me & Tanner, & headed to school on Wednesday.
Kallie was the perfect assistant :)
Tanner was excited to have us there "in charge" of lunch!
I was happy to bring lunch & give Mrs. B a break, but I was worn out afterwards! It's been 3 or 4 years since I've taken a class to lunch & recess & I'm a little rusty!! Ha! Seriously, I enjoyed doing it.  Most of all, I happily take any opportunity to let Tanner's wonderful teacher know how much we love & appreciate her. She takes such terrific care of my precious boy each day & we're glad we got the opportunity to take care of her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment