my kids

my kids

Friday, April 29, 2016

Spring Break

Since Mobile is so doggone far away & our lives keep us so busy, we don't get up to north Alabama to visit our family & friends very much. Well, Spring Break was a couple weeks ago & we took the opportunity to pack up, jump in the truck, & head north!
 
Because I was enjoying the break & visiting with the peeps I love, I didn't take lots of pics (like normal). Of course I wish I had more to show all of the things we did & the people we saw, but here are a few...
 
Decatur Where It's Greater!!! 
We were so happy to arrive & see the fam on Saturday afternoon!! Papa G had the popcorn popper out & going. :)
This dude lost a tooth while there. He's picking up where Taylor left up...he seems to lose teeth constantly! The good thing about losing it in Decatur was that the Tooth Fairy left double what she usually leaves! Score!!
On Sunday, we went to our family church & then to my grandparents' to eat & play. Why did we put white on this boy???
Everyone always comments about how fancy Kallie dresses on a daily basis. We can't help it if I, I mean Kallie, likes her ruffles & jewels!! My dad is the leader of the "Kallie Needs Playclothes" committee, so on Monday we had a shopping trip to Old Navy to get my girl some playclothes!!
She's talking to Papa G while he pushes the buggy :)
MaMa & I took care of the picking out & we let Papa G take care of the paying!
On Tuesday, we went back to my grandparents' to spend the entire day with them. Eating, playing, & napping were all on the menu. It was a so nice & relaxing...
Mama Doris had money for the big boys, money & new undies for Tanner, a boatload of singing storybooks for Kallie, & a cute little dress for me! We're so spoiled...thanks Mama D!!
On Wednesday morning, we jumped in the truck & headed to Birmingham. We spent part of the day at our old school (Edgewood). This visit is always bittersweet...awesome being able to see & catch up with all of my teacher friends & being back in the building where I worked 7 years...sad & missing them even more after leaving. After our school visit, the boys saw a couple friends & we stopped at some of our other spots like Brookwood Mall, Homewood Antiques, & Edgewood Creamery.  
 
We stayed in town to go to our old church, CBF Ministries, for bible study that night. Same feeling as the school visit -- so nice seeing our pastor & church family, hard to say goodbye. I hate I didn't get any pics at school or church, but we were too busy talking, catching up, & being happy to see everyone! We're planning another visit for the summer!! 
 
After a busy week, we just hung out at the house on Thursday. After lots of visits, it was nice to have a day to do nothing. Here are some snapshots from that day, but a couple could also be from other times at the house throughout the week. 
Ugh, someone discovered the stairs during this trip. She thought it was funny to climb up & even funnier to act like she was gonna go down. It was not funny at all to the rest of us. We spent lots of time chasing & grabbing her, building barricades, & trying to keep her enclosed in rooms.
Papa G found lots of treasures in the back garage. You wouldn't believe the great toys stored that used to belong to me & my siblings that are popular again (like Power Rangers & wrestling men). My dad kept a lot & my boys were so pumped to dig into it all!
"Anything for me in there Papa G?"
"Nevermind, I'll just go play in the backyard. The rocks are calling my name. Good thing I have on my playclothes today..."
Oh my gosh...watching Kallie out in the yard with my daddy was priceless. Seeing her following him around pulled at my heartstrings...
After a big family breakfast on Friday morning, we loaded up & headed back south to Mobile. Originally we were going to stay through Saturday, but because Tim was planning to leave on Sunday for a week on the road recruiting, we decided to surprise him & head back early. We also had to get things ready for a busy week back to school.  
 
The time went way too fast & we were sad (as always) to leave...but we definitely enjoyed having a break from school & spending it with the people we love most!! This little trip up north certainly left smiles on our faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment