my kids

my kids

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Birthday Brunch

This time last year I was preparing to meet my precious baby girl...I can't believe a year has passed so quickly & now we're celebrating Kallie Larkin Bowens's first birthday. I found a quote that truly sums up a parent's feelings..."The days are long, but the years are short."

There have been so many long days over the past year. I have not slept for a full night since last October. I have experienced the highs & lows, joys & pains of breastfeeding. I have run myself ragged taking care of 4 children & holding down the fort while my hubby was off recruiting or coaching or working camp. I have permanent bags under my eyes. And I wouldn't trade ONE MINUTE of this time I have been given with my sweet girl & her darling big brothers, the most incredible blessings of my life. The days have definitely been long, but wow, this year was incredibly short.

Kallie's 1st birthday is actually tomorrow, October 23, but we had her party, brunch style, last Saturday. South Alabama plays on the road this weekend, but didn't play last Saturday. (Remember we played the previous Tuesday night? The last post explains!) So I decided to have the party a week early so that her Daddy would be here.
I spent a couple weeks making lots of special decorations (as I love to do) for her party...photo garlands, picture collages, name banners. My mom & youngest sis helped me finalize the menu & came to town early (along w/ my dad & brother) to help me get everything ready for the big day. I'm so grateful for all of their help. I'm also grateful to the other family & friends that came Saturday morning to celebrate my girl -- my sis-in-law Kylie & her girls, Addie & Allie; my pastor from B'ham, Jhun Cook aka Uncle Pas; & our head coach's wife Elise & her daughter Caroline. It was such a fun time...we truly enjoyed getting together to celebrate Kallie turning one!
these are her monthly photos & the tutu & pearls pics
pic collages on her initials, plus her baby book & a 1 for everyone to leave her a bday message
pics from the 1st 4 months of her life
middle 4 months
these last 4 months
the brunch spread
(chicken minis, fruit, sausage balls, yogurt, powered doughnuts, apple juice, orange juice, pink lemonade)
the candy bar
(my mom's delicious creation)
My sweet birthday princess!!
With her Daddy, who rushed in from practice, in his pink!!
MaMa
Mrs. Elise
(or Mrs. Berlise as Tanner lovingly calls her! Lol!)
my sis, Kosh, w/ me & Tanner
(she also just happens to be Tanner & Kallie's godmother)
Taylor, Timothy, & my brother, G
(aka TayBDaBoss, Timbo, & Bubba)
Kylie, Addie, & Allie
the smash cake
Kallie was so ready for her cake. She licked it as soon as I sat it down! Her face lit up & she started beaming as soon as we started singing "Happy Birthday"...
feeding Papa G
& Tanner
(who later finished off the cake!)
talking to Uncle Pas (& giving a sly grin!)
That cake was EVERYWHERE!!
some of her birthday loot
This girl loves shoes...she calls them "sssuesss"...she'd rather hold them (& occasionally chew on them) than wear them; she loved these stylish Michael Kors boots from Coach Jones & Mrs. Elise!
WORN OUT!
We sure are blessed to have this little angel in our lives & part of our family. Her birthday brunch was full of cuteness & fun, very special & sweet...just like Kallie! We'll do a little more celebrating on her actual birthday day...

No comments:

Post a Comment