my kids

my kids

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday!!!

Since the day his big brothers started back to school, a certain little guy has been anxiously awaiting the start of his school year.  He's been asking for over 2 weeks if it was time for him to go yet.  I told him that his first day would be on a Wednesday.  So, he's been constantly checking in with me to see what day it is.  He usually wakes up & yells from his room, "Is it Wednesday?"  It's been pretty funny to the rest of us, but I know he's proud of his new status as a BIG BOY & was ready to head to school!

Well, Wednesday FINALLY arrived this morning!
We leave the house before 7:00 to get his brothers to school (Timothy starts at 7:20; Taylor starts at 8:10), so I get him dressed after we get back home.  This morning, he said, "It's Wednesday! When are we going to my school? Wait, you didn't put my clothes on!!" I assured him that he would be dressed & at school right on time. :)
Since I'm staying home this year, we decided to send him to a Mother's Day Out program instead of a full time daycare/preschool.  He's going to a great program at a local church 3 days a week, 9:00-1:00. After he was all dressed & ready, we grabbed his school bag, complete with his snack, lunch, folder, & homework, & headed to school!
He was so happy to get to school.  I, on the other hand, found it a little tough to leave. I was a little sad dropping my baby off.  I was glad I got to walk him in & have some long, last, lingering looks before I left.  Parents walk in for drop off & pick up this week; next week carpool starts, which I am kind of pumped about (it will be especially helpful when little Miss Kallie arrives).
I went home, put my feet up, & enjoyed a few hours of peace, quiet, & relaxation in my empty house...NOT!!!! I left his school, stopped by Tim's office, then went to my doctor's appt, which was followed by lunch with my sis-n-law, then a quick stop at Publix for a few groceries. Then, what do you know, it was already time to pick Tanner back up!

He said he had a GREAT day . . . in his words, "we read a book, we colored, we ate, we played on the playground..."  Yep, great day! :)
I let him choose a treat to celebrate having a fabulous 1st day of school.  He wanted to get a vanilla cone from McDonald's, but could barely make it there!  He was so tired; it was pretty funny watching him try to stay awake and eat his ice cream.  He kept saying "I'm not tired, Mommy. I'm not tired . . ." as he dozed off!!  Preschool can wear a kid out!
YAY FOR SCHOOL!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment