my kids

my kids

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Suzy Homemaker

I remember when I was young.
My mother would make meals & just call us down to eat when everything was ready.
It was so nice.  Those were the days.

Now, I'm the mother.
I have to think of what to cook...EVERY NIGHT.
I have to cook.  Then I have to clean everything up.

You would think the cooking & cleaning would be the worst parts, but I don't actually mind that so much. 
The worst is trying to come up with something to make every night.  And, I hate feeling like I'm making the same (quick, easy) things all of the time.

So, with the new year I came up with a new plan!
I love pinning things on Pinterest & I find a lot of great meal ideas...but I usually fail to follow through by actually making them.
I decided that when I find meals that look tasty & like something I could make, I would do just that.
Now I pin meals, make sure I have the ingredients, & my goal has been to make 2-3 new recipes each week. 
If we like them, I add them into the "meal rotation."
I've actually been enjoying this challenge & my family has been enjoying some new meals! Win win!!
Here are some of the new things I've made lately...
 
Poppyseed Chicken
Taco Soup
Sesame Chicken
Crescent Pizzas
Pesto Chicken
Walking Taco Casserole
I usually post them on Instagram & they're all pinned on Pinterest.
You can follow me there (@kbowens78) to get the recipes!
Yummers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment