my kids

my kids

Friday, March 14, 2014

Superwoman

A school friend of mine, Johnny, recently asked me to come & speak at a Women's Fellowship at her church.
I AM NOT SPEAKER - at least that's what I keep telling people - but people keep asking me to come speak at things!!
I know it was a "God thing" though because in the month leading up to the Fellowship, He was giving me things to share with the ladies. 
I'd be getting out of the shower, or laying in bed, or talking to someone...& BOOM!! Something would just pop into my mind & I'd race to add it to my notes.

I went to her church, along with my wonderfully supportive mother & grandmother, on the 1st Saturday in March.
(Yes, this was also the day of Tanner's birthday party! Why do I continue to overbook myself?!)
My topic was "Superwoman" & I talked about all of the (exhausting, yet rewarding) roles women play & all of the hats we wear -- mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, teacher, friend, taxi driver, referee, and so on.
I definitely spoke from my experience as I related how overwhelmed we get & how we have to rely on God during those times.
I shared some scriptures (2 Corinthians 12:9; Exodus 14:13,14; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 John 5:4) & then talked about how God gives us new names -- like blessed, rich, healthy, joyful, forgiven, victorious...
When we're covered with these new names, & realize that God is our strength even when we feel weak, things feel much more bearable. 
And we can appreciate the Superwoman that we can be through Him!
What do you think of my Superwoman cape?!
And check out all of the roles we're covered with!!
There's my grandmother & mother!
Me & Johnny!!
I think the ladies truly got something out of what I shared...I think it was more for me than them!!
I appreciate Johnny for inviting me & enjoyed this time of fellowship!

No comments:

Post a Comment