my kids

my kids

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Grad School Residency

So pumped to share that my grad school journey has come to an end!!
I finished all of my classes & only had a 2 week residency (internship), exit interview (mock job interview), & completion of my certification paperwork to officially be done! Woo hoo!!!!

I completed my internship at my school with my principal & assistant principal serving as my mentors - they answered questions, shared experiences & expertise, & put me to work completing a multitude of administrative duties to meet the required standards.

I truly enjoyed the experience & learned a lot. 
Here are a few snapshots (showing just a few of the tasks I completed) from the two busy weeks . . .

Unpacking, sorting, & organizing new reading materials
(aka HARD LABOR)
Facilities (those being renovated, etc) Tour
Making parent student communicators
Installing new computer programs
Editing & updating handbook
Two of my fave activities (that I couldn't take pics of) were sitting in on a School Nurse Interview & attending the monthly Principals' Meeting!!
 
Artifacts from the residency, plus specific items from my coursework, went into my Leadership Portfolio;
this notebook had to be detailed, organized, & explain/give examples of each of the 8 standards of leadership . . .
FUN TIMES
 
I completed this residency, rocked my interview,
& will turn in my paperwork next week!
FINISHED!!!!
Can I get a Wooooo Hoooo?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment