my kids

my kids

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Timothy's BIG Day

Timothy had a big day!

First, his ARMT+ (Alabama Reading & Math Test) scores came in the mail.
You can score from Level 1 (does not meet standards) to Level IV (exceeds standards).
My smart boy scored Level IV on reading, math, & science, with his math scores being the highest of the 3!!
I'm a proud mama & I've included a pic of his test report!:)

This afternoon we went back to school shoe shopping.
We went to Sikes Children's Shoes & got Taylor's New Balance,
but couldn't get Timbo's because he now needs a MEN'S size!! 
We had to go to the mall, he had to get a size 8 1/2, & we had to pay double the amount of Taylor's. We have sadly realized that we have a loooonnnnggg time to buy men's shoes for our sons. . .

The final task was to get him a  . . . CELL PHONE!!!
He has been wanting one, & his daddy & I finally decided that he could get one.
The main reason is because he's heading to middle school & will be walking to & from school with a group of friends.  I want him to have it in case of emergency.
The other reason is that he's growing up & is such a good kid. :)
We bought him a prepaid phone & nice chunk of minutes to get him started.
By the way, he will happily accept money or phone cards to purchase more minutes for any holiday or if you just want to help him out from time to time!!  
I'm sure he will be guarding those precious minutes by limiting those calls & texts!!!
Oh, & he knows the rules . . . NO CALLS FROM/TO GIRLS!!!
I'm just not ready!

This big day resulted in something else; Tim & I realize how much our little firstborn son as grown up.  It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital.
Now he's heading to MIDDLE SCHOOL, wearing MEN'S shoes, & talking on his CELL PHONE.
I just look at him now & shake my head in awe.
I'm a proud, but sniffling, mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment