my kids

my kids

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Decatur Where It's Greater!!!

We headed to my hometown, Decatur (where it's greater!), to spend a few days hanging out with the fam. This is probably the boys favorite thing about summer.  They LOVE to go to Decatur (where it's greater!) to visit. They'd probably stay permanently if I let them....Here are the highlights of the trip:

*PLAYING WITH DOUGIE
One of my sisters got my brother the cutest little yorkie for his college graduation. His name is Dougie (Tanner calls him "Dooey") & the boys wear the poor thing out!
Dougie (Dooey) getting a break by hiding behind Nish's legs . . .
Tanner loves to play with Dooey, then close him in his cage!
Guess Tanner's imagining the day when he's as big as Bubba . . .
*SLUMBER PARTY 
 We set up lots of blankets & pillows & had a slumber party each night we were there - so fun!! Funny how the older people were always first to fall asleep . . . I'm sure you can guess who was always last . . .
The boys love to play with NeNe's iPad
10:30...
11:30...
12:30 . . .
REALLY TANNER?!?
*PAPA & MAMA D'S HOUSE
We were delighted to go spend a day with my grandparents, Papa & Mama Doris.  The boys love to run around the huge backyard with their dog, Bo, pick plums off the trees, and EAT, EAT, EAT!
We had to give Papa his Father's Day card & present first

Plums!
The boys are playing with my cousin's daughter, Nevaeh
My cousin Terry with Tanner & his daughter Nevaeh
Nevaeh was proud to show off her new princess bike!
We ate plums . . .
...and pizza...
...and ice cream.
Eating & playing outside can sure wear you out!
(Thanks for getting this pic, Kosh. I owe you one.)
*THE DENTIST
The boys still see their dentist, Dr. Pat Stanley, in Decatur.  He was my dentist when I was growing up too. We figure there's no need to switch over since dental visits happen only twice a year. We just schedule them for summertime & Christmastime. This part of the trip was not as fun as the others. :(
We love Dr. Stanley!
Timothy had a great checkup!
Taylor had a good checkup too, but had one cavity.
They fixed it & Taylor was not happy. :(
Dentist done. The boys go back right after Christmas. I was informed that it will be time for Tanner to come too.  That should be interesting...

*BREAKFAST!
Whew!!! Mother & Daddy (aka Ma Ma & Papa G) made a tasty breakfast this morning! We very much enjoyed! :)

CHEESE!
Hi Kosh!!
Um, um, um
This ladies man actually stopped talking on his phone to eat!
#1 in each other's hearts . . . :)
And this is what a full belly will do to ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment