my kids

my kids

Monday, March 30, 2015

5 Months Old

My sweet baby girl turned 5 months old last Monday!
Time continues to quickly roll on & she is definitely getting too big too fast!!
 
When laying on her back, she scoots all over, she's ALWAYS trying to sit or stand (even when lounging in her carseat or bed), & she is beyond delighted when seeing the faces of her family.
I really enjoy our girl chats; I love hearing her belly laughs & watching her get so excited. And the way her eyes light up when her daddy walks in the room or when her big brothers get in the car after school just makes my heart happy. 
 
She LOVES to eat (or drink according to Tanner), so we enjoy LOTS of quality nursing time. :) She also enjoys sitting at the table for meals & happily slurps up her baby food.
 
The one thing that is not so happy for her poor parents is the night waking. She started sleeping through the night at 2 months old, but once she reached 4 months (& ever since), she's up every 2 hours to eat again.  It's very draining & it's hard to function off the amount of sleep I get, so I'm hoping (praying, pleading, begging) that this phase/growth spurt/rough patch passes VERY soon!

It was tough to get a good shot this month because this little wiggle worm would not be still! Between her not wanting to sit still, trying to stretch & stand, eating the 5 month sticker, & yanking her headband off, it's a wonder I even kept trying. I was tired & sweating, but my type A wouldn't let me quit! :)
Check out the outtakes... 
Now for some better shots...
Umm, can you tell she's teething?!
And here are a couple carpool selfies of the Bowens girlies!
Love my sweet girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment