my kids

my kids

Monday, January 12, 2015

Camellia Bowl

After a fun, crazy, nail biting season of football, the Jaguars went bowling!!  Our staff accepted a bid to the inaugural Raycom Media Camellia Bowl in Montgomery.  The team headed up on Tuesday, Dec. 16; I headed up with my bunch a couple days later.  Once we were done with exams, class parties, & the 1st semester of school, we were more than ready to head north for a fun weekend of bowl festivities!

I won't begin to try to name every activity & detail of our bowl trip, but it was full of great lunches, dinners, kids' outings, team activities, staff outings, fabulous gifts, & . . .  it all culminated with a huge tailgate & exciting football game versus Bowling Green on Saturday night!!

Arriving in Montgomery...
there were bowl signs everywhere!
our hotel
lots of great bowl gifts :)
We had a great BBQ dinner Thursday night.
This was the only pic I got - of the table centerpieces!
I thought they were so cute & would be easy to make.
They might appear at a bday or football party at my house in the near future... 
comedy show
(I was laughing too hard to get any more pics!)
while we were at the comedy show,
the kids saw the Festival of Lights at the Montgomery Zoo
Team Luncheon
I wish I had gotten better pics of the speakers,
but we sat in the back because our bunch includes
a newborn & 4-yr-old!
Ala Gov Robert Bentley
Jag HC Joey Jones
Legendary Coach Bobby Bowden
staff dinner
(shout out to my awesome parents for watching my 4 plus my 2 nieces while we had this night out!)
DELICIOUS!!!
GAMEDAY
Our game was not until 8:15 Saturday night, so after a full day,
these guys conked out!! Great pre-game naps!! :)
Jag Band
Tailgating under the Jag Tent
Finally game time!
Unfortunately, we suffered a heartbreaking loss 33-28 in a game that came right down to the wire.
Although it was not the ending we wanted,
we still enjoyed an awesome bowl week!
GO JAGS!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment