my kids

my kids

Monday, September 14, 2015

The Nebraska Game

The Jags headed to Lincoln this past weekend to face the Nebraska Cornhuskers for their first road trip of the season. Facing this Big Ten powerhouse was definitely a step out of our conference & league, but we were all so proud of the way our coaches & players gave it their all & played with enormous heart. We're definitely proud of & love our Jags!!
 
The coaches' wives decided to make brownies to send with the players on their trip. I decided to also make goody bags for Tim's guys, GAs, & student assistants. You know I wanted them to be extra cute (although I'm sure that only mattered to me; my hubby & the guys probably didn't even give them a second look!) I was up slaving away on Thursday night...
Elise (our HC's wife) sent a couple pics from
the plane & upon arrival
My crew was super excited about the game & that we'd get to watch on TV (we usually have to watch the away games we don't travel to on the computer). This game aired on the Big Ten Network. The 2 little ones cracked us up getting pumped up before the game! This was HILARIOUS!!! 
Since we couldn't get pics at the stadium, we did the next best thing - paused the TV & snapped them from there! LOL!!!
When we see this guy appear on the screen,
there's lots of screaming in my house...
I love these fans!!
 We didn't come away with the win, which is always tough no matter who you're up against. By the end of the game, Timothy was upset, Taylor was asleep, Tanner was very sad (just short of crying), & Kallie was dumping stuff out of my purse again. Tanner asked me if we "were still jaguar fans since we lost." I told him we're fans of our team(s) no matter what, win or lose. He didn't seem so sure about that! He wants to win!!

Life of a coach's family...another football Saturday in the books...
on to another week & the chance to cheer on our team again...

No comments:

Post a Comment