my kids

my kids

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Basketball Champs

The big boys were part of great teams this basketball season - they had fantastic coaches & teammates & played really, really well.  The tournament (pushed back & rescheduled because of weather) started valentine's weekend.

Taylor's team, the Lakers, had only 2 losses during the season. He played with some of his good buddies & had the same coaches (one being his daddy) from his championship team last year.  They won their 1st tourney game, but lost the 2nd, preventing them from making it to the final game.  The boys were pretty bummed, but had a fab season!

I guess this year was Timothy's turn for a championship.  His team, the Hooligans, were undefeated & he REALLY came out as a player.  We saw his confidence skyrocket as he turned into an outside 3 point shooter & aggressively scrambled for loose balls.  The team's undefeated season continued as they won every game of the tourney, including a thrilling championship game! 

I didn't take as many pics this season (I feel like there have been SO many...), but I snapped several from Timbo's last game.  It was a wonder I got what I did...his daddy watched a lot of the game from Mobile through FaceTime on my phone!
That's the final on the scoreboard -- 50-26

This was a fun basketball season & I'm pretty proud of my guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment